Columbus is experiencing one of the coldest and wettest winters in decades, which is causing an increase in the number of people affected by Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). SAD affects one in four people, including children. Symptoms usually cause people to feel more tired, melancholy, moody or anxious.
You can help beat the winter blues by following these simple steps.
- Seek sunlight or brightly lit places early in the day.
- Eat nutritious food and avoid junk food.
- Participate in activities you normally enjoy.
- Exercise to increase your endorphins.
- Adhere to a sleep schedule all week.
Try these simple steps to keep active. And remember, spring is just around the corner!
Photo credit: Columbus Dispatch
This is not intended as medical advice to replace the expertise and judgment of your health care team. It is intended to help you and your family make informed decisions, together with your doctor.